Author Topic: What Rules Exists To Protect A President From Potential Congressional Harassment?  (Read 112 times)

Antonia753

• I'm a 37 years old, married and study at the college (Comparative Politics). In my spare time I try to teach myself Russian. I've been there and look forward to go there sometime near future. I like to read, preferably on my kindle. I really l
    • View Profile
    • What Rules Exists To Protect A President From Potential Congressional.
On a recent Thursday evening in August, a 40-year-old MMA gym owner in Beijing named Xu Xiaodong activated his VPN, hopped over the Chinese government_s internet firewall, and began his first-ever live YouTube broadcast. He wanted to talk about the ongoing protests in Hong Kong, in which hundreds of thousands of citizens have demonstrated against mainland China_s attempts to circumvent Hong Kong_s autonomy and civil liberties. Xu looked into the camera and took a stance on the protests that few, if any, of his countrymen living on the mainland were willing to publicly take: "Hong Kong people are Chinese. I am Chinese. So I love Hong Kong," he said. Word of Xu_s broadcast spread rapidly throughout the Chinese-speaking world. It was moving to many in Hong Kong, who have found people from the mainland to be publicly unsympathetic at best, and viciously hostile at worst, to their struggle. The comments section under the YouTube video soon flooded with support and praise for Xu_s bravery. Xu_s livestream didn_t go unnoticed by the Chinese authorities, who had been using Chinese state media to portray the Hong Kong protestors as members of a rabid, violent mob.